Welcome to the 3D Scanning Wiki
This Wiki is a work in progress, we would love for any industry professionals and hobbyists to help us fill out these pages.
About The 3D scanning Wiki
The 3D scanning wiki aims to be a strong source for everything needed to work in the 3D scanning industry, from hobbyist to professional levels.
This wiki has been setup by the 3D Scanning Discord as a dedicated place to store valuable information, links and workflows.
- Macro Scanning
- Aerial Scanning
- Image Processing
- Image Manipulation
- The Void Method
- Polarization / Cross Polarization
- Structure From Motion (SFM)
- Multi View Stereo (MVS)
- Point Cloud
- Ground Truth
- Control Point
- Coded Marker
- In Camera Masking
- Raw Image Data
- Game Engines
- Holographic/Lightfield Displays
- Reverse Engineering
- Concept and Design
DIY Scanning - Projects to follow along
- Building a turntable
- Cross polarized ring flash
- Assembling a Camera Rig to Capture Complex Spaces in 3D (New York Times R&D)
- Processing and Aligning 3D Scenes (New York Times R&D)
- Delivering 3D Scenes to the Web (New York Times R&D)
Current Wiki Plans
As this wiki is new, we have to set out some basic guidelines for all pages to follow, this includes page priorities and restrictions on content.
Due to the early nature of this wiki, we must setup some strict rules. Please see them at submission rules
Edit this page Visit this page on GitHub